American Invitational presented by G&C
When: April 5, 2014 at 7pm
Tickets: On sale at Stadium Jumping!
About the event: The American Invitational, one of the world’s richest equestrian show jumping competitions, has been held at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida since 1971. The Invitational is the only major equestrian competition to be held in a NFL football stadium.
Invitations are sent to the top thirty equestrians from the United States Equestrian Federation National Ranking List that include past and present Olympians among other top invitees. The star-studded line-up will compete for $200,000 in prize money, one of the largest purses in the sport.
Annually, this event showcases exhilarating equine power, speed, and excellence on the home field of the NFL Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The day is filled with extraordinary entertainment and activities for the entire family to enjoy.
To kick off the evening activities, the public is invited to participate in the traditional American invitational course walk. This is an opportunity for spectators to marvel at the size and breadth of the jumps equestrians will navigate their horses over.
This one’s just something unique and special.” “When I grew up, this was the most important class to win. This is what we coveted. I think these are the kind of classes that our country, not only the athletes and the sponsors, but also the Federation really need to rally behind. It’s like when they grandfather a building. This should be very important because it’s special to us.” – 2013 Invitational winner McLain Ward
Twitter UpdatesFollow @RJStadium
- Can't wait to have one of #TIME100 most influential people here in TAMPA here in October! #The1989WorldTour @TIME @Taylorswift13
- Friday Apr 17 - 1:01pm
- Ready for the Lightning to strike! Time to cheer on the @TBLightning! #TeamTampaBay
- Thursday Apr 16 - 10:04pm
- Please check your facts with @EgyptShriners. We have been told the elephants aren't performing. #ElephantNosey
- Thursday Apr 16 - 6:42pm
- @fantasycamper Awesome backdrop if we do say so ;)
- Wednesday Apr 15 - 9:09pm